Sentence to Service (STS) Information
STS is imposed by the court to help defendants pay for fines. The STS program is run by the probation department and more information can be obtained from them by calling 507-526-6281.
STS Minimum Qualification for Inmates
- STS must be approved by the court.
- If you do not have STS approved in your sentencing contact your attorney to submit a request to the court.
- You must not have any unresolved court files that have detention ordered.
- You must submit and pass drug and alcohol testing prior to your first day of STS.
- Random drug and alcohol testing will be conducted.
- You must have a referral by the Probation Department submitted to the STS Crew Leader prior to being released for STS.
- It is the inmate’s responsibility to have this referral completed. Contact your Probation Agent to have this referral completed.
- You must be approved by the STS Crew Leader to be allowed to go on STS. Not all people that are eligible for STS will be allowed to have STS for various reasons including but not limited to offense status, prior STS disciplinary problems and sex offender status.
COVID-19 STS Information
- With current restrictions in place due to Covid-19 concerns, we will be limited to two (2) crewmembers In the van.
- Home crews and jail crews will not be permitted to mix.
- All crew members must wear an approved face mask and each crew member must furnish their own mask.
- Social distancing of at least six (6) feet will be enforced.