Utility Permits

Required for:

  • Utility installations

Click here for a Utility Permit Application form

Miscellaneous Work Permits

Required for:

  • Grading in the county right of way
  • Private tile in the county right of way
  • Manure pumping
  • Work which obstructs the right of way

Click here for a Miscellaneous Work Permit Application form

Oversize/Overweight (OSOW) Permits

Required for:

  • Any Over Size or Over Weight load that is transported on Faribault County or Township roads

Click here for a OSOW Permit Application form (New Form)

Click here for a 2020Load Posted Bridges Map

Click here to use OSOW Permit Calculator to determine fee (Only required for Overweight 110,000 lbs & over)

During Spring Load Restrictions, permits for over 80,000 lb Gross

Vehicle Weight will be issued if all axle and group weights are legal.

Driveway Permits

Required for:

  • Any new driveway, field entrance, street, or commercial access on a Faribault County road.

Since July 1, 2017 the following Driveway Permit fees must be submitted with each permit:

Standard Driveway$100 w/ $100 returned upon satisfactory final inspection
Commercial Driveway$200 w/ $200 returned upon satisfactory final inspection

Click here for a Driveway Permit Application form.

The online permit forms are "fillable" or they can be printed and completed by hand.

Please follow these steps to use the fillable feature:

  1. Save blank form as a .pdf to computer.
  2. Open form on computer and type information onto the form and save again.
  3. The completed form can now be Emailed to the County.

Burning Permits

Burning permits can be obtained from the city hall of the fire district you live in. The permits are valid for 1 year. You must call in each day that you are actually burning. You can call the Sheriff's Office when you burn. Please have the name the permit is issued to along with your Township and Section Number when you call. The Sheriff's Office phone number is 507-526-5148.