Apply for a job using the following process:
- Review the career opportunity description thoroughly.
- Complete an application form packet. It is important that your provide complete and concise information on your application materials to be considered. Incomplete applications may be rejected.
- Include all relevant education and experience and at least three professional references.
- The most recent application will be used when more than one application by the same applicant is on file and requested to be utilized.
- Applications will be reviewed after the posted closing date.
- Each application is scored based on education, training and experience. The selection process will consist of the Central Services Director and/or Department Supervisor and/or Department Head, completing a rating form. Each applicant is also scored based on Veterans Preference form completion.
- Application point scores are tabulated, ranked and evaluated to determine interview selection.
- Faribault County will email, call or send written correspondence notices relating to your job application. We will invite you to interview by phone call.
- First and second interviews may be conducted for all positions. Once those have concluded, other background information is obtained (reference checks and previous employer checks are examples). See also interview tips.
- All offers of employment are conditional pending successful completion of all required preemployment checks (background checks, driver’s license check, drug testing are possible checks). These conditions may vary by position and department.
- All new employees are required to provide documents for verifying legal authorization to work in the United States.
- All employees will be provided with orientation and benefit materials.
The following are some tips to be prepared for your interview:
- Arrive early and ensure you have to correct location
- Dress professionally
- Put your cell phone away and silence it
- Research the position and Faribault County. Prepare questions for the interviewers—you also need to be sure Faribault County is the right fit for you!
- First and second interviews may be conducted for all positions. Once those have concluded, other background information is obtained (reference checks and previous employer checks).
Equal Opportunity Employer and Reasonable Accommodation
Faribault County is an Equal Opportunity Employment employer. It is the policy of Faribault County to provide equality in employment to all persons. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regards to public assistance, disability, or age. This policy applies to all phases of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, benefits and selection for training.
Faribault County will reasonably accommodate qualified applicants with covered disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
This link will take you to the labor law posters listed below that are required to be accessible to applicants. Workplace Posters
- Job Safety and Health
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Rights
- Minimum Wage rates
- Unemployment Rights
- Employee Rights posters