Through the Cost Share Program, landowners can request financial and technical assistance for the implementation of approved conservation practices that protect and improve water quality. The program provides up to 75% or a flat rate of the total eligible costs of a practice. The SWCD Board of Supervisors approves or denies all cost share contract requests. A contract between the SWCD and landowner needs to be approved before the project can begin. Landowners are reimbursed upon completion of the project.
- Cover Crops
- Grade Stabilization Structures
- Grass Waterways
- Strip Till
- Water and Sediment Control Basins
- Unused Well Sealing (50%)
*Subject to available funding. Some practices may need to be located in a priority area or watershed.
- Conduct site investigation.
- Work with the farmer to determine the best management practice (BMP) for the given situation.
- Survey and design project.
- Produce rough cost estimate.
- Provide designed plan for submission of bids.
- Perform pre-construction conference with contractor and landowner.
- Supervise construction.
- Certify completion of project.
- Alternative Side Inlets
- Multipurpose Drainage BMPs Put to Work on CD62
- Multipurpose Drainage BMPs Put to Work