Engineering & Construction
The Engineering crew consists of the County Engineer, Assistant County Engineer and two Engineering Technicians.
Engineering and Construction responsibilities include items such as:
- Contract administration for both road and bridge construction
- Plan preparation
- Right of way acquisition
- Scheduling and programming of the five-year construction plan
- Safety inspections for 255 County and Township bridges
The maintenance crew consists of the General Foreman, 2 Shop Mechanics, Sign Man, and 12 Highway Maintenance Workers responsible for operating the trucks and heavy equipment.
The Faribault County Highway Department is responsible for the maintenance and construction of 453 miles of road in Faribault County.
Maintenance responsibilities include but not limited to items such as:
- Crack sealing
- Mowing of roadsides
- Placing gravel
- Pot hole patching
- Seal coating
- Snow and ice control in the winter
- Micro surfacing
- Pavement Markings
Parks and Rec
The Faribault County Parks Dept. operates and maintains 2 beautiful parks equaling more than 56 acres of parkland. Each park has its own unique natural
- Timber with scenic views over the lake or river,
- Open field space for sports or large gatherings. Whichever you prefer
- A beautiful sandy beach for swimming at Woods Lake Park
- Shelter space available for large or small gatherings
- Several Night, Weekend or Seasonable camping spots
- Power hookups and a dump station for your camper
- Public bath house at each park
The Faribault County Parks Department invites you to share in the beauty of nature. We hope that you enjoy your time and that your quality of life will be enhanced. The Parks Department crew consists of the Parks Manager, Park Hosts for each park and two Grounds Technicians. Click here for more information on Faribault County Parks.