For Reservations call: 507-526-RIDE (7433)
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Transit Program Coordinator Bonita Zimmer
We offer bus service from 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Regular reserved ride is $3.00 per one way trip. Regular reservations are taken on a first come, first served basis.
Our office is located in the Central Services office on the lower level of the main courthouse building at 415 North Main Street in Blue Earth.
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Prairie Express General Information.
Transit Language Assistance plan
Public Participation Plan
Title VI Notification
R I D E R ' S G U I D E
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- All residents of Faribault County are eligible to ride the Prairie Express.
- All vehicles are equipped with mobility lifts, securements, and infant car seats.
- A licensed personal attendant will ride free.
- Regular reserved rides are $3 per person per one way trip. Additional stops are $2.00 per person per stop.
- A no show or failure to cancel will result in charges. Failure to pay will result in suspension of riding privileges.
- Transit office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday except the following holidays: New Year's, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas day.
- Bus service hours are 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday except the following holidays: New Year's, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas day.
- Regular reservations are taken on a first come, first served basis, up to 14 days in advance. Advance reserved rides are taken on a first come, first served basis, up to 60 days in advance.
- When a schedule is disrupted it will be the last reserved call that will be the first cancelled.
Service Area and Fee Schedule
Southern border: Minnesota - Iowa state line
Northern border: MN Highway 30 including the cities of Mapleton and Amboy
Eastern border: MN Highway 13 to I-90, east to I-35 South including the city of Albert Lea
Western border: MN Highway 15 including the cities of Fairmont, Northrup, and Truman
The cost is $3.00 per person per one way trip if the ride's pickup or destination is IN Faribault County.
The cost is $6.00 per person per one way trip If the ride's pickup or destination is OUTSIDE of Faribault County.
1. Riders should be ready and waiting approximately 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after their scheduled pick up time.
2. Deposit exact fare or token in the fare box upon boarding.
3. Seat belt use is required.
4. NO eating, drinking, or smoking allowed on the vehicle.
5. Mobility devices should be reasonable free of mud and dirt.
6. Shirt and shoes are required.
7. Any article with an offensive odor or spillable nature must be contained.
8. No firearms, weapons, or fireworks of any type are allowed.
9. No hazardous chemicals or materials, including car batteries, are allowed.
10. Operating or tampering with equipment while on board the vehicle is prohibited.
11. Personal sound devices may only be played through earphones at a volume not audible by other passengers.
12. Carts and packages should be held on your lap and not block the aisle at any time.
13. Remain seated until the vehicle has come to a complete stop.
14. Rider is not to cross in front of the vehicle except with driver approval.
15. Children must be removed from strollers and seat belted in infant seats.
16. Roller skates and rollerblades may not be worn in the vehicle.
17. Riders are required to practice good hygiene.
18. Riders are required to provide their own mobility device.
19. Wheelchair users should remain in their chairs and wear a lap belt while loading, riding, and unloading.
20. Wheelchairs must be in good working order with functional brakes.
21. Scooter users, once on board, may need to transfer to a seat. Not all scooters can be accommodated on our vehicles.
Animals on Board
- Service or guide animals necessary for travel by passengers with disabilities are allowed on all vehicles. Service animals do not require muzzles or head collars, however, they must be on a leash or on a harness.
- Pets on leashes with a muzzle or head collar that covers the mouth are permitted on the vehicle.
- All other pets must be in a cage that does not require a separate seat.
- Pets are not allowed to block the aisle or sit on seats. Riders must constantly hold the leash and have complete control of their animal at all times.
- Trained to assist passengers while accessing the bus.
- NOT responsible for parcels and packages.
- Responsible for curb to curb pick up and drop off.
- Riders needing assistance from the door to the curb must arrange for their own attendant.
- NOT responsible for carrying packages.
- Required to wait 5 minutes after arrival. If you do not board within that time period, you will be marked as a no-show and billed for the ride.
- Bicycles will be permitted on board with the driver's permission. The driver will secure the bicycle.
- The Prairie Express reserves the right to use their discretion to close early in inclement weather. Notice of closing will be announced on KBEW AM 1560 and FM 98.1 radio stations.
- All complaints related to the quality and timeliness of the Prairie Express should be first addressed to the Transit Program Coordinator. The coordinator will make an inquiry into the nature of the complaint and report back to the Central Services Director.
- The Prairie Express is not responsible for lost items.
- Disorderly conduct will result in suspension of riding privileges.
- Drivers have the right to refuse transit services to passengers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol or those who become disruptive or are a threat to others or themselves.
- Not all scooters can be accommodated on our vehicles.
- Drivers have the right to refuse transportation to any pet at their discretion.
Violation of any of the rules will result in any or all of the following at the driver's discretion:
A. Denial of access to the vehicle.
B. Immediate expulsion from the vehicle.
C. Suspension of future riding privileges.